Updated January 1, 2020
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
We (and our affiliates who perform work on behalf of our business) and third parties who have integrated their technologies into our Applications may collect personal information about you based on the purpose of your interaction with us. Such private information may include:
- Personal identity information, such as your name, email address, physical address, phone numbers, social media handles, and Provo Weddings username and passwords;
- Preferred contact methods;
- Demographic information such as your gender or zip code;
- Location of your devices as you use any of our applications;
- We use tracking tools, including pixels and cookies, to collect information about your interactions with our applications. Information collected infludes your browser type, operating system, links clicked, how you interact with content on our Applications, your IP address and other unique identifiers of the devices you use while interacting with our Applications;
- If you are applying for a job or requesting information about a business opportunity with us, we may collect information about your work experience, your resume, skill sets, education history, salary expectations, or other relevant employment details;
- When making a purchase on our website, we collect your credit or debit card details, billing and shipping information, phone number, email address, and payment status. All credit card processing transactions are handled through a third-party credit card processing system, such as PayPal or Stripe.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify the identity of our users;
- To respond to your online communication requests;
- To provide technical support for our Applications;
- To conduct analytics and operations on our Applications;
- To comply with our license obligations;
- To administer contests or other promotions;
- To enhance the usability of Applications;
- To track analytics of our advertising, such as monitoring click through rates on ads or viewing statistics on ad effectiveness);
- To send you (either directly or through one of our partners) marketing and promotional messages;
- For security purposes, such as protecting against cyber threats; detecting and preventing fraud and other illegal activities; and responding to legal and regulatory compliance obligations; and
- For other lawful purposes disclosed at the time we collect your information or otherwise with your consent.
3. SOURCES OF COLLECTING PRIVATE INFORMATION
From you Directly: We collect personal information directly from you when you use the Applications. Such information may include identifying information you enter in a contact form, information to create an account through our Applications, or to enter a contest or promotion. If you request information on a business opportunity, then we may collect additional information such as details of your geographic location, employment history, education experience, and professional summaries.
Third-Party Service Providers: We receive personal information about you from various third-party service providers we contract to help us run our business, including those companies that host and operate our Applications; analyze data; provide customer service; send emails on our behalf; process payments; fulfill orders; run our promotional activities and contests; or provide marketing, analytics, and advertising services.
Automatically from Your Devices: We, as well as advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of tracking tools and technologies that automatically or collect information like Browser/Usage/Device information and Location Information any time you visit or interact with the Applications, our emails, and our advertising and content on other websites and platforms.
Other users: Other users may provide us with your personal information for various purposes, such as inviting you to join Provo Weddings, to connect with us on any social media platforms, or so that we may facilitate communication between users of the Applications.
Aggregating Your Information: We may aggregate your information with other user information to analyze trends and other pertinent information about our Applications.
4. WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We may share personal information as described below:
Service Providers: We may share personal information with third-party service providers we contract to grow our business, including those companies that host, protect, or operate our Applications; analyze data; provide customer service, process payments; fulfill orders; or provide marketing, analytics, and other advertising services.
Business affiliates, advertisers, and advertising companies: We may share or make available personal information with or to our affiliates, advertisers, advertising networks, and service providers or other third parties in connection with our and their marketing, promotional, and other offers. These third parties may use your personal information for their own business purposes. Likewise, if you log into a third party application with your our account, that third party application may have access to certain information such as your activity on our website. Some transfers of your personal information to these other companies may be viewed as a “sale” under certain state laws.
Acquisition: If another entity acquires us or a substantial portion of our assets, or assets related to the Applications, your information may be disclosed to such entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
API Information: We may make available personal information to third party technology companies whose application programming interfaces (APIs) are embedded into our Applications.
Other disclosures: We may share personal information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time as permitted by law.
5. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE, AND ACCESS
Cookies: To learn how you can reject or delete cookies from us or other companies, please refer to your browser’s help menu. If you disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on our Application may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s).
Do Not Track: Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, and our systems are not configured to recognize Do Not Track headers or signals from some or all browsers.
Marketing Communications: You can unsubscribe from any promotional or marketing communications from us by:
- following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive;
- sending us an e-mail at email@example.com
Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Location Information: By using the Applications, you consent to our collection, use, and sharing of your Location Information with other parties for analytics and advertising.
Access to Your Information: If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your personal information we have collected or received, you may contact us at the address or e-mail provided below. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain personal information about you. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information.
6. MINORS AND CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OR AGE
The Application is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under 18 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
7. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) grants certain rights to our users who are California residents to access, update, or delete the personal information that we have collected about them, to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by us to a third party, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit a request at https://www.provoweddings.com/ccpa/.
If you reside in California, you also have the right to make the following requests with respect to your personal information:
Access: You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, or “sold” about you in the past 12 months.
If a request is made to access your personal information, we will confirm your identity within a reasonable time period and then provide you with information about you that we have collected, as required by CCPA.
Deletion: You can request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about you, subject to any exceptions under the CCPA.
Opt-Out: You can opt-out of the sale of your personal information to a third party by submitting a request here: https://www.provoweddings.com/ccpa
Right to be Free from Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA.
Excercising Your Rights: You may exercise these rights online by clicking the links set forth below, by emailing us at applicable link below, or by calling us at the number set forth below:
After receiving your request, we will attempt to verify your identity using the information you provided in the request.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
At your discretion, you may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf. The authorized agent must identify himself/herself/itself as an authorized agent.
8. SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use various security measures to help protect your private information, such as SSL certificates on our Applications. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us because no security measures are 100% reliable, and YOU USE THE APPLICATIONS AND TRANSMIT YOUR INFORMATION TO US AT YOUR OWN RISK.
9. OTHER WEBSITES AND SYSTEMS
The Applications may contain links to other websites or systems that we do not own or operate, including those of our advertisers and service providers. We do not recommend or endorse, nor do we have any control over, these sites, policies, or practices. We are in no way responsible for these other sites or their policies.
These other sites may independently collect your personal and private information based on their own privacy policies and practices.
You should assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our affiliates, or part of our Applications (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
10. APPLICABLE ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES
The Applications are governed by, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States, and are intended exclusive use of residents of the United States.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
Attn: Provo Weddings Digital Content Department
Re: Provo Weddings Privacy Statement
PO Box 1762
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
Share the Insta Love!